Saint Demetrios Greek Language School, a ministry of Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church of Upper Darby, is hiring teachers for Pre-K/Kindergarten and 3rd Grade.
The Saint Demetrios Greek Language School teacher’s role is to execute the curriculum as instructed by the director to educate students. The individual must be able to motivate students and teach Greek as a second language and other subject areas of Greek culture to children 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Greek-Americans.
The individual must adhere to the guidelines of the Archdiocese of the Greek Orthodox Church.
Classroom Teachers – Pre-K and 3rd Grade
Saint Demetrios Greek Language School, Upper Darby, PA, 19082.
Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, Upper Darby, PA, 19082
Compensation: $22-$26 hourly (based on years of experience) for 222 hours plus mandatory event preparation from September to June each school year. No benefits.
Tuesdays and Fridays from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm and mandatory events per school calendar.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree from a University in Greece or a bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited University in the United States is preferred. The individual must be fluent in the Greek Language with adequate certificates in the Greek Language; a certification of level Γ1 in Ellinomatheia is preferred. Prior experience in education is preferred but is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This teaching position requires the individual to implement the curriculum per the director and comply with rules set forth by the Archdiocese and parish. Responsibilities include:
- Weekly lesson plan development and feedback in conjunction with the director.
- Meeting with the director to coordinate activities for the individual classroom and events for the school.
- Teaching the lessons to a class of children in an engaging method, utilizing given resources. Following and reporting progress to the director.
- Foster, a safe classroom environment, maintaining class order by enforcing rules of behavior.
- Communicating with parents/legal guardians on students’ progress and needs via email or hard copy in accordance and guidance provided by the director.
- Comply with employment requirements and clearances as mandated by the state of Pennsylvania and Archdiocese.
Phone: 610-352-7212 (Church office)