This combination of flavors has a crunchy sweetness is tossed with Basil, Lemon and Mint. Roasting the Cherry Tomatoes and Peas in Olive Oil with the crumbled triscuits creates a flavor like no other. I made this with Dorothea Tsakiris-Pirpiris.
She was my assistant and photographer for this dish! This amazing light fresh summer salad is perfect for any occasion, your friends and family will love the flavors of the crunchy Triscuit pieces infused with the sweet peas and tomatoes in this salad!
- 1 cup of sweet peas
- 14 oz container of yellow, orange and red grape tomatoes
- 8 Tomato and Sweet Basil Triscuits (Crumbled)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. good virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 10 whole Tomato Basil Triscuits for scooping
Preheat oven to 450 degrees, place peas, grape tomatoes and crumbled tomato and sweet basil triscuit crumbles in a bowl and toss with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully slide into a bowl. Add the fresh mint, sweet basil and lemon juice, toss gently. Taste for added salt and pepper and add remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil. Toss again and you are in for a treat!